- Frequently Asked Questions
- Giant Summer Academy registration (K-8) now open; register by 5/8!
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindergarten Roundup set for 4/13
- MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
- Sign up TODAY for the Giant Discovery Zone after-school program!
- Tech Giants advance to state robotics competition
- WFYI features Little Giants in documentary on high-quality preschools
April 24 2017Giant Summer Academy registration (K-8) now open; register by 5/8!
April 19 2017Don't miss 'High School Musical' on stage at the Walton! (4/27 & 4/29)
April 6 2017YOU'RE INVITED: Bunny Breakfast - Band Booster fundraiser (4/8)
April 6 2017MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindergarten Roundup set for 4/13
March 15 2017Celebrate spring at the MHS planetarium
- No Upcoming events were found.
Public Law 221 (PL 221) is Indiana’s comprehensive accountability system for K-12 education. Passed by the Indiana General Assembly in 1999 (prior to the federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001), the law aims to establish major educational reform and accountability statewide.
To measure progress, PL 221 assigns Indiana schools (both public and accredited non-public) A-F letter grades.
Letter grades for high schools are calculated based upon performance (Algebra 1 and English 10 end of course assessments), student improvement, graduation rate, and college and career readiness (such as Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and industry certification exams or the acquisition of college credits).
Letter grades for elementary and middle schools are based upon English/language arts and math ISTEP+ performance, improvement, growth, and participation.
To view Frances Slocum Elementary School's most recent PL221 school improvement plan, click here.
Marion, IN 46953-3540